I'm a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter, a sister and a follower of Jesus who is learning how to love God and people better. Scroll down to take a look at some of my adventures!

12.09.2007

Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book, but it was much different than I expected. My awesome friend Laura gave it to me as a baby shower gift, and I was SO excited about it. I had been wanting to read something about Anne Lamott for awhile.

Basically it was a book about Anne's life-- a memoir. I appreciated her wit and firecrackerness. She is quite the woman. :) Some parts edged on sacra religious, in my opinion, but she never said that it wouldn't.

I think if I had to choose an adjective to characterize this book, it'd be "raw." It reminded me that Christianity isn't always neat and in a box...that people are complex and have a lot of stuff to work through in order to see a clearer and clearer picture of God the Father. I mean, we all do, but it's easier to see that when you're looking from the outside, in.

And the beauty is that God accepts us where we are, even if we don't have a perfect picture of him. How great is that?!

0 comments: