I'm a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter, a sister and a follower of Jesus who is learning how to love God and people better. Scroll down to take a look at some of my adventures!

4.07.2010

The Clues Continue



My anniversary mystery is continuing to unravel. Over spring break, I found a few more data matrices in places like the back window of our car, in my Bible, and in my backpack. When decoded, they said:
- we trust, we have faith, as the core of relation, hoping through that to bring fear to cremation (our family value of faith)
- Some say books should be devoured for their treasure inside. I hope you are able to find what one tries to hide. (I have yet to figure this one out)

Oh! And I also got a strange piece of mail before we left. The data matrix on the front was not from the post office, but from Jake. It said: no mindless consuming that we're not reducing; using resources for creative producing (our family value of creativity).




I also found a very interesting clue at the beginning of our spring break roadtrip in the compartment between the seats. It was a good 'ol number 2 pencil with a strip of bubble wrap wound up around it.



On the pencil were three sentences:
- We shape our tools and afterwards our tools shape us.
- The medium is the message
- But the eyes are blind one must look with the heart

After a couple days, Jess and I figured out that the bubble wrap around the pencil was actually a code in braille! So, we looked up the alphabet online, and felt our way through the bubble wrap, writing the letters as we went along. Because I started popping the bubble wrap when I first found the clue (who can resist popping bubble wrap is what I want to know?!), we were unable to make out a couple of the correct letters. BUT, because we are smart ladies, we figured it out. From that clue, I know that on May 13, 2010 at 2:00p something is going down that I should be ready for!

3 comments:

jr. forasteros said...

The quotes (at least the first two) are from Shane Hipps. They're probably in Flickering Pixels but also in his talk from Catalyst.

How's that? I don't know about devouring books though... maybe an eReader?

jenny said...

How long did it take him to put all this together???

jake said...

I haven't kept track, more than a few minutes.
JR. those two are actually from Shane Hipps hero.