I'm a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter, a sister and a follower of Jesus who is learning how to love God and people better. Scroll down to take a look at some of my adventures!

11.13.2009

A good prayer

For one of my classes, I'm to read at least 500 pages of contemporary leadership material. So, for a portion of that, I decided to pick up It by Craig Groeschel (thanks JR.- it's actually you're old book!).

There are parts I really liked about it. And parts I really disliked. But, the prayer at the end that Craig leaves the reader with is excellent, and a prayer that I want to pray for myself and for my community. Here it is:

May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, and superficial relationships, so that you may live deep within your heart.
May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression, and the exploitation of people, so that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.
May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, and starvation, so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and to turn their pain into joy.
And may God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you can make a difference in this world, so that you can do what others claim cannot be done.


Amen.

0 comments: