I'm a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter, a sister and a follower of Jesus who is learning how to love God and people better. Scroll down to take a look at some of my adventures!

12.09.2007

Eat This Book

What I loved about this book was the way that it revised the way I look at Scripture. And that was exactly what I needed at this time.

He started out by talking about how we don't need a master's degree in order to understand Scripture...but that God wants to communicate to us through it even if we don't know the greek or hebrew of certain words or all of the cultural background. We can just read and let it soak into our hearts and see how God speaks. And we listen.

And then we respond. He talks about how it's useless useless to read Scripture without living it out as we're reading it. Amen. But what a tall order.

Later he talks about the need to study-- really study Scripture. Get commentaries, etc to help us.

And he ends the book by talking about how the Message came about, and the need to communicate Scripture in a way that people can understand. And I agree with him, especially after reading the last chapter.

I would highly suggest this book for anyone wanting to get refreshed in their Scripture reading, praying, meditating, studying, and most importantly, living.

0 comments: